Welcome To Pelaw Medical Practice
Coronavirus information to Patients and the Public
Visiting your local GP, hospital or vaccination centre after 19th July? Please remember that you must continue to: • Wear a face covering • Respect social distancing • Avoid close contact with others #HelpUsHelpYou
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
- The Pelaw Medical Practice vision of the future is to continue to provide the best possible healthcare and education to meet the needs of the practice population.
- To offer a team approach to healthcare not only within our own Practice but intergrate with local Practices to ensure that the human resources and skills are available are used to the advantage of the local community.
- To continue to treat patients as individuals and be sensitive to their needs without and prejudice.
- To continue to offer secondary care services within the Practice and hopefully negotiate with the Gateshead Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to extend the range of procedures provided.
- To look at the best ways of obtaining community feedback and involvement in the planning and development of primary care, in conjunction with the CCG.
- Ultimately to be a general practice that the patients feel comfortable to visit and feel safe in the knowledge they will be offered a good primary care service.
"The doctors are always very thorough and inclusive, giving you a full picture of illness and possible treatment"
"I have to say I made the right decision as I have found them to be very patient centered and extremely thorough."
"The standard of care is far higher than I have received elsewhere, my only regret is I wish I had changed years ago"
We Are Passionate
We only employ staff who are passionate about your care and everyone at Pelaw Medical Centre aims to go the extra mile.
We Have Intuition
We always want to do what is best for you. We feel that communication is key and always listen to what you have to say.
Practices are currently under enormous pressure but through hard work, innovation and dedication we’ll thrive.